- The identification of possible gear structures is termed “gear synthesis”.
- ZG GmbH resorts to “PlanGear”, an in-house software for gear synthesis.
- “PlanGear” uses desktop or mainframe computers for its calculations – depending on the complexity of the respective problem.
- For this purpose, ZG developed an algorithm based on a beam-analogy model.
- Fully-automated gear synthesis is, therefore, possible for automatic, dual clutch and hybrid gears. On principle, the gears can consist of any number of shafts, spur gear stages and planetary gears.
- The visual display of the gear mechanics, switching matrix, capacity load matrix, etc., and the corresponding ranking will be the outcome of the synthesis.